Businesses & Investments
Economic ProspectsThere are a lot of prospects and potentials for industrialist and businessmen in Oru East LG.A. The area has good flat land and a friendly environment. There is peace with no serious cases of communal disputes. There are connecting road networks, which make it ideal for industrialization.
Available Economic Potentials in Oru EastA. Agro-allied industries
B. Explorable minerals
D. Tourist attractions
E. Good market population
Major Agric Regions In Oru East L.G.AAwo-omamma - Agro Based
Amiri - Agro Based
Omuma - Agro Based
Akatta - Agro Based
Akuma - Agro Based
Amagu - Agro Based
All the above Agric potentials are found in all communities of Oru East L.G.A
Viable Agro-Based OpportunitiesFishery, Livestock/piggery, Fruits, Snail farming, Tubers, Vegetable, Grain
Why Choose Oru East L.G.A For Investment
- Peace: Oru East is one of the most peaceful and stable Local Government area in Imo State
- Security: She has the lowest crime in Imo State.
- Location: The Local Government is situated in Omuma
- Manpower: She has concentration on high, medium, and low level technical and indigenous manpower.
- Land use: The Local Government plays a dynamic role in complementing the effort of genuine investors.
- Access: Oru-East is easily accessible through roads and even air via Imo Airport
- Hospitality: Farmed for their natural hospitality, Oru-East people are noted for their disposable hospitality.
- Industrial/agro based on law material: Abundant mineral and agro-based raw materials have been discovered and dully certified by Raw Material Research and Development Council.
- Stable polity: The Local Government is politically stable also there is industrial harmony.
- Stable traditional institutions/town unions: There is peaceful existence among the traditional rulers and the town union. All are complementing the effort of Government.
- Markets: Already markets are assured for the investors. Major ones are Orie-Omumma, Afor-Awo, Orie-Amiri etc.
- Government incentives: The Local Government Council is always ready to enter into the (ppp) Public Private Participation initiative. The Local Government has announced open door policy to enable investors to invest in her.
"Indeed Oru-East is widely open for investors."